Admob is one of the best mobile ad platforms founded in 2006 and later acquired by Google in 2009 for USD 750 million. Since then, AdMob has been rewired to integrate the core functionalities of the Google advertising network. With over 1 million Apps running Admob and 100000+ Google advertisers, the network has been attaining 200% increase in CPMs since 2013. It is indeed a very good platform for developers to monetize their mobile app traffic.
Why choose AdMob?
With Admob, you don’t have to rely on combining tools or use development resources to build your own solutions. AdMob brings together state-of-the-art technology in a single platform so that you can not only gain perception about your users but also maximize your revenue.
Benefits of Choosing Admob as a Mobile Ad Network:
- Power your business strategy with Google’s ad technology, compatible with all top platforms (Android and iOS)
- Push performance improvement upgrades without any additional SDK changes via AdMob integration with Google Play services
- Monetize smarter with ad network optimization to generate the higher CPMs.
- Connect with more than 40 third-party networks to augment your revenues and fill rates.
- Quick and reliable payouts in local currencies, free of wire charges.
- Make smarter decisions – Build an audience, segment users, gain insights and lot more by linking your AdMob app to Firebase.
The network has a vast pool of advertisers facilitating high fill rates and competitive eCPMs. AdMob’s functions on CPM based revenue model, although there is CPC advertising influence as well. The revenue however highly depends on the location of the traffic. The average revenue per mile (RPM) for androids is the range of 15 cents to $1.50 whereas, for iOS, it is between 20 cents to $2. The Interstitial ad units, in fact, have a higher RPM rate of $2 to $4 for Android and $3 to $5 for iOS.
Interstitial ads provide rich interactive content for users on mobile apps. These ads are designed to be placed between content, at natural transition points. According to Google, “Interstitial ads are best suited for apps with linear user experiences. There should be very clear starting and stopping points in an app. If you have an app that may not meet these criteria (ex: utility apps like flashlight apps), consider using another AdMob ad format such as a banner ad.”
Admob suggests publishers to carefully implement interstitial ads for providing a positive user experience altogether and avoid accidental clicks. Here’s a list of Admob Interstitial Ads Best Practices –
Admob Interstitial Ads Best Practices
- Placement: The first thing to think about is – where and when to locate the ads. Evaluate where the interstitial ads must be placed within the app so that they harmonize with the natural flow of user interaction. Hence, avoid being too intrusive. Popping the ads at the wrong times, like while users are engaged in a task, or app loading & exit times – will certainly result in a very bad user experience, increase in accidental ad clicks, and ultimately, increase “bounce” rate of users.
- Frequency: Besides deciding when to place your ad, it is also crucial to evaluate the number of times interstitial ads should pop up. Don’t overwhelm users with interstitial ads. Repeating ads after every user action can be a BIG turn off and can lead to accidental clicks. Google recommends placing only one interstitial ad following every two user actions is within your app. In fact, you can test the frequency of the ad to avoid an overall negative user experience. Also, placing an interstitial ad immediately after another is non-compliant implementation.
- Things to consider: There are some questions to consider when implementing interstitial ads –
- How will the user be engaging with my app at the time?
- Is this the right time for an interstitial?
- Will the user be surprised by the interstitial ad?
- Recommended Implementations:
- It is highly suggested that interstitial ads must be displayed before the break page instead of after. Break pages mostly call for a user action like tapping a Next button. This format helps in reduction of accidental ad clicks from app users.
- If an app promotes repeated or frequent tapping, then it is preferable to insert a little yet adequate delay after a level/page ends and before the interstitial ad displays. This provides a chance to stop tapping the screen and consider carefully what appears next.
- Latency of carrier networks can drastically disturb the implementation of interstitial ads in apps. It may cause the ad to appear on the user’s screen at an uncertain or inopportune moment. Hence, take into account what the user might be doing in the time window when the interstitial ad is expected to appear. Also, consider pre-loading your interstitial ads before displaying it to your users to reduce latency.
At the end, all of it comes down to optimizing the placement of your ads to generate maximum revenue while not disturbing the user experience. Hence, for monetizing your app the best thing to do is to experiment with different ad formats, networks, placements, and frequency in your app to evaluate which combination gives you the maximum ROI. Do check out our posts under mobile ad networks for more monetization opportunities.
Recommended List for You:
- Traffic less than 10k views per month- AdSense, Adnow, Mediavenus
- Traffic 10k to 100k per month- AdSense, Spoutable
- Traffic 100k to 500k per month- AdSense, Spoutable, Media.net
- Traffic 500k to 3 million per month- ADX, Media.net, Spoutable, Taboola
- Traffic 3 million+ per month- Media.net, ADX, Revcontent, Video Ads (Get in touch)
- Marketing Tools- Ad Plugin, SemRush (Free Trial), Teachable, Webinar Jam,
- Increase your Website Revenue– Share your information and we will get in touch
Startapp is a leading mobile ad network with more than 50,000 registered developers who are monetizing their app.