Publishers can sell their inventory through one ad network or their direct sales team. However, in order to maximize their fill-rates and ensure high CPM, most publishers work with multiple ad networks/partners. Some ad networks can work well for some publishers, and might hugely vary with time. The ad network performance is closely related to available campaigns, geography, audience sets etc. Ad mediation allows publishers to match the right networks with the right audience and make the most of every impression. Ad mediation opens up new monetization opportunities for publishers and provides better yield with existing ad networks. In this post, we’re going to discuss the top video ad mediation platforms which can help you get started.
What is a Video Mediation Platform
Similar to mobile banner ad mediation platforms, a video mediation platform does what a mobile mediation platform does for apps and mobile web. It chooses the most relevant and high paying advert and displays it to the user in a fraction of a second. A mediation platform determines the CPM rates of all the ad networks and then displays the highest paying ad from a network. If there is no ad served from a particular network, the passback tag is triggered and it moves to the next available ad network.
Why Video Mediation is Necessary?
Video ads are not yet mainstream. Most of the video ads are run by prominent brands and are targeted to tier 1 countries. Also, the demand for serving video ads is slowly growing in tier 2 and tier 3 countries. However, the problem is, video ads campaigns are not regular and most of them are served through some agencies which are tied up with some trading desks. Since these video ads are purchased on CPM basis and are programmatic in nature, publishers don’t really get access to these demands unless they are synced with the ad exchange. Video Mediation networks are a crucial component of your ad stack since it helps you to increase your overall revenue from advertisement.
The increasing growth of video content has led marketers to target their customers through video ads. Here are some stats related to video viewing trends that show how important it is to brands to engage with videos.
- 92% of B2B prospects consume online video
- 4 billion videos are watched on YouTube every day
- About one-third of shoppers will purchase a product after viewing a video ad
- The biggest names in online marketplaces, including Amazon and eBay, report that adding a video ad to a product description increases the chances of a shopper buying that item by up to 35%.
Top 7 Video Mediation Platforms for Publishers
Here is the list of our video mediation platforms. Feel free to take a look at these platforms and get started with the one of your choice.
- Spring Serve
1) Supersonic is the mobile advertising technology platform of choice for the app economy … Monetize your non-paying users by serving video ads.
2) AerServ is a free mobile SSP and monetization platform that empowers mobile publishers, supercharges their ad revenue through mobile video ads.
3) Spring Serve a suite of ad serving tools that make digital advertising more efficient. They have designed products to operate as openly as possible and to work within the digital advertising ecosystem in a friction-free manner. Customization is at the heart of effective ad serving, and the tools are engineered to adapt to your business environment. With real-time reporting, white box optimization, a blazing-fast user interface, SpringServe is truly ad serving as it was meant to be. SpringServe has high traffic requirement and publishers need to serve at least 30 million impressions per month to join SpringServe.
4) StreamRail is an online video delivery platform providing publishers with the fastest and highest-quality streaming services on any device (Mobile, Tablet, PC and SmartTV), anywhere in the world.
5) AniView disruptive and proprietary technology allows Advertisers to offer HD quality
video ads quickly & easily with a single HTML tag across the publisher’s entire platform:
mobile web / mobile apps / iOS / Android / desktop and interactive TV. For Publishers, AniView comes as a single source that can provide video ads through its Exchange, Video Player and a mediation platform.
6) Beachfront effortlessly deliver premium video ads that help increase your revenue. By offering consistent CPMs and fill rates from Fortune 500 advertisers. No more huge fluctuations.
7) LKQD FUSION, a feature-rich single tag solution capable of delivering both Flash and HTML5 video ads in any desktop player.
So the next question is, how to determine the right video platform. So here are some tips:
- Identify your needs and objectives
- Determine your budget
- Take trials
- Set figures and standards to measure
- Support:- Monetization Model support, Online video player, Multilingual and multicurrency support, What payment gateways are supported, Streaming model support and what all devices are supported.
Some of these mediation platforms are designed for premium publishers and you have to be restricted by their entry level criteria. I would recommend you to have at least 1 million page views per month before you get started with video ad serving.
Feature image: http://blog.soom.la/
Blognife's Recommended Monetization Partners:
Take a look at the best video ad mediation platforms to increase your overall ad revenue.