AdSense, run by Google, allows publishers in the Google Network of content sites to serve automatic text, image, in-banner video, or interactive media advertisements that are targeted to site content and audience. It is highly preferred for a variety of reasons, the primary one being that is a product of Google that makes ads visible to a large audience with global fill rates, and the other ones including its good set of options regarding ‘Ad Formats’ and excellent ‘ad quality’. Overall, the network is pretty impressive to get started. In this post, we are going to ta discuss Google AdSense CPC rates for the year 2022.
Publishergrowth: The Revenue Acceleration Platform for Publishers
Blognife is elated to announce the launch of Publisher Growth- a community of publishers that helps you actively accelerate your revenue. This platform assists publishers in growing their traffic and revenue. As publishers, you can share and read reviews of ad networks and hosting companies. You can connect with other publishers to build links for growth and monetization hacks and more. This platform will help you stay up to date with the advertising and publisher ecosystem.
Google AdSense Minimum Traffic Requirement
- Adsense has no minimum traffic requirement but it requires the website to be fully launched with a good number of articles. It does not accept websites that are going through the process of making. It certainly has no major requirements and having a fully launched website is quite necessary anyway if one is in the business to make money via ads.
- AdSense offers a revenue share of 68% for its display advertisement with the publishers. If you’re monetizing via AdSense for search, you’re eligible for a 50% revenue share of the same.
Google AdSense Ad Quality
- AdSense, being run by Google has a massive advantage of a wider audience. Its ad quality is good considering the various options and advantages it provides to its users. With a variety of ad formats and models, it is clearly one of the bests and stands undefeated.
Google AdSense Ad Formats List
AdSense provides a number of ad formats for its publishers. Some of the best-performing ad formats include- display, native (in-article/in-feed), anchor ads, vignette ads, and video ads for gaming publishers. These ad formats are created to help publishers make additional revenue from their content. One of the addition apart from these ad units are matched content ads that can also generate higher revenue for publishers on specific websites. Here is a breakdown of the estimated earnings for various ad formats.
AdSense CPC Rates for Display Ads, Vignette Ads, In-article Ads, and Anchor Ads: 2022
- The CPC rates for display ads tend to vary based on the advertiser demand for the keywords, the audience of the targeting country, and the conversion rate. AdSense uses smart pricing and bid reduction techniques to ensure advertiser ROI is respected. So, if your traffic is not converting well, your overall CPC will be reduced.
- The overall CPC rates for vignette ads are incomparable to those of display. Since they show up on page loads, their impressions can get low but the CPM rates are usually much higher since visitors tend to click on such ad formats on desktop and mobile.
- AdSense CPC rates for in-feed and in-article ads are almost the same with a minimum difference in rates. These ads take the look and feel of the website and are natively incorporated into the same. These native ads provide an unobtrusive experience and thus can have higher CPC rates due to better conversions. The rates can vary from anywhere between a few cents to a few dollars. For tier one traffic, the in-article and in-feed CPC rates will be mostly around 1-2 dollars.
|Ad format||Impression RPM||Estimated earnings||Active View Viewable|
AdSense CPC Rates for Various Ad Sizes: 2022
AdSense often recommends using responsive ads because of higher revenue potential. The table below shows a list of the ad RPM and the overall revenue for the most common ad sizes. However, this is just for reference purposes. You need to test various ad sizes and see which one is performing best on your site. In general, responsive, 336×300, and 970×250 tend to perform well for most sites.
|Ad size||Impression RPM||Estimated earnings||Active View Viewable|
AdSense CPC Rates by Country: 2022
AdSense’s CPC rates vary greatly based on the niche of the website (keywords) and the country of origin of the audience. Since the overall advertiser demand for the US and tier one traffic is much higher compared to tier 2 and tier 3 traffic, the CPC rates for AdSense vary greatly from one country to another. Also, for the same audience, the CPC rate can vary substantially based on the niche of the content. Countries like the US, UK, CA, and AU have CPC rates in the range of USD 0.50 USD 1 and above. However, for countries like India, the CPC rates are in the range of 10 cents. If you further move to tier 3 countries, the CPC rates again drop to 3 cents.
|U.S. Virgin Islands||0.19||0.16||56.64|
|United Arab Emirates||0.19||0.26||49.25|
|St. Vincent & Grenadines||0.14||0.1||42.87|
|Northern Mariana Islands||0.12||0.1||57.71|
|Trinidad & Tobago||0.07||0.22||48.7|
|São Tomé & Príncipe||0.06||1.26||49.47|
|Bosnia & Herzegovina||0.04||0.17||58.21|
|Congo - Kinshasa||0.04||0.53||49.62|
|British Virgin Islands||0.03||0.2||27.67|
|Papua New Guinea||0.02||0.38||53.12|
|Turks & Caicos Islands||0.02||0.33||29.72|
AdSense Payments and Earnings Report
AdSense follows a monthly payment cycle, where the estimated earnings are accrued over the month’s period and posted in the balance section at the beginning of the new month. The minimum payout threshold is $100 and the available payment methods include Check, Rapida, Western Union, and EFT.
How to Increase AdSense CPC Rates of Your Existing Traffic?
While some may argue that it is difficult to increase your AdSense revenue from the existing traffic, it is not always the case. It has been a long that I have been experimenting and working on ad optimization and thus the recommendations listed here can significantly increase your overall AdSense revenue.
- Use ad units like 336×300, 300×600, 970×300, 600×300 and others. Using these ad units essentially increases the overall competition and you can see higher CPC ads. A bigger ad size can accommodate more ad sizes and thus the ad unit which bids the highest is served by AdSense on the publisher’s website.
- Tweak your existing articles to incorporate high CPC keywords naturally within the content. This really works because AdSense is a contextual ad network and a slight tweak in your article can substantially increase your overall revenue. Go to your analytics and check the top-performing AdSense pages. Once you have that data, only select 20% of the top-performing pages on your site and make the changes. Just working on that % of the article would help you increase the overall revenue by almost 30-40%. Here, the CPC rate of the ad units is increasing as AdSense is now able to target higher paying ad units as an exact match within the content occurs.
- Focus on higher-visibility ad locations than the number of ad units. Although more ad units increase the chances of clicks, it decreases the overall CPC.
Looking for an ad network that can run along with Google AdSense and generate additional revenue for you? Just add a line of code from Setupad (Recommended by Blognife) and you start accruing additional revenue from your site.
Our Recommended Tools for Publishers:
- Best AdSense Alternative- Setupad, Ezoic
- Push Notification Network- iZooto, Unative,
- Best Contextual Ad Network- Media.net (Extra 10% for 3 months)
- Native Ad Network- Mgid
- Popup Ad Network- Exoclick, Propeller Ads
- Best Web Hosting- Bluehost, Hostgator, Stablehost, WPEngine
- Blogging Tools- OptinMonster, Astra, Teachable,
I and my team research various ad networks and can help you increase your overall ad revenue; so you could rake in more greenbacks with the best monetization platforms. Tap into the power of the online publishing business with me. I am just a mail away, so reach out to me if you want to scale up your website revenue. mail: [email protected]