A niche website is a site that focuses on a particular subject matter or narrow group of people in a large market. It offers helpful & quality content that answers a set of questions or solves a very particular problem.
How to Start a Niche Website?
To start a niche website, first understand & identify your interests & passions, just analyze how you like to spend your time, what kind of news or magazines you like to read etc. Better to have a shortlist of niches to choose from & then analyze which will work best for you in strictly business terms.
Zeroing in on the best-suited niche before you get started, you can do this by
- Researching Online: Dig deep into forums, blogs or other websites of the same niche & see what kind of questions people are asking, what are the pain points and so on
- Knowing your Target Audience: While doing your research see who are the people asking the questions, what are their demographics, their behaviors, what kind of answers they are looking for. You can find a lot of online tools to help you with this.
- Know the associated Keywords: Explore different keywords, their combinations, uncover popular search terms related to the pain points using tools like Google Trends, Google AdWords’ keyword planner etc
- Research your Competition: See what others are offering in the particular niche, understand your opportunities of standing out of the crowd & offer something unique. Use the following pointers :
- See how much quality content is being put up by the competition, quality content means quality people are working tireless hours & are serious about what they are doing. Lack of it means there is room for you to put your best foot forward.
- See how many brands or faces are present in the niche, lack of big brands or well-known faces means you have an opportunity to cash in.
- Explore affiliate network options in those niches & understand the scope of financial gain associated with a website in this niche.
- See how much paid competition you have, this will give you an idea of how much budget you need to spend in order to get noticed & how serious is the competition.
Most popular Niches based on User Searches
Make your niche website stand out & become easily profitable by choosing a niche in high demand like the following :
- Fitness & Weight Loss
- Dating & Relationships
- Wealth Building Through Investing
- Make Money on the Internet
- Beauty Treatments
- Gadgets &Technology
- Personal Finance
Identifying the Right Ad Networks for Niche Websites
Here’s what you should look for while choosing the right Ad Network for your Niche Website
- See how many other websites from the same niche is present in their portfolio & research them to see how these websites are performing.
- Dig deep into customer feedbacks & user testimonials & go with the Ad network with a good reputation in your particular niche
- Look for an Ad network that uses high-end technology, has a quality & prompt customer service & supports a large number of Ad Formats
- Do a bit of testing, have 2-3 similar low budget ads running at the same time on multiple Ad networks to see which performs better.
- Finally, see which Ad network gives you the best value for money
Best Ad Networks for a Niche Website or Blog in 2019
Here we take a look at some of the best ad networks that work perfectly well for niche blogs and sites and offers higher eCPM rates for publishers. Some industry standard niches include health, fitness, finance, scholarships, MBA grants, etc.
Media.net is a leading global advertising company with one of the most comprehensive portfolios of advertising technology in the industry across search, native, display, mobile, local, products and video. Media.net manages high-quality ad supply on over 500,000 websites & its platform & products are licensed by some of the largest publishers, ad networks & other ad tech companies worldwide. By market cap, Media.net is one of the Top 5 largest ad tech companies worldwide. By revenue, Media.net is the second largest contextual advertising business worldwide.
- Largest contextual ad network in the world
- Contextual Ads that make complete sense.
- Native ads according to the form & feel of your content.
- Beautiful & diverse ad units
- You get you own Account Manager.
- Works well along with other ad networks
Adsense offers CPC-based ads. You will have to however follow some strict guidelines. Adsense is the easiest way for bloggers to start making money from their sites. After installing a code in your site, the Adsense spiders will crawl your site to see what your pages are about. They then check their inventory & put related ads on your website
- Easy to setup & start
- Completely Free with very few restrictions
- Robust reporting & Optimization Tools
- Contextual targeting over a vast network
- Lots of customization options & great payouts
Dianomi is a global leader in content marketing. Through their natively integrated Sponsored Content Units, they promote links to their advertisers content across tier 1 global business & finance publishers. Dianomi serves over 4 billion native ad impressions each month for over 300 different clients, reaching over 100 million+ unique users across a network of Premium Publishers in the US, UK and Australia.
- Transparent Campaigns
- Global reach in local languages
- Premium Publishers
- Engaged Audiences
- Ads are always in context
- They vouch for Brand Safety
An ad platform no other company can match. A store that sells hundreds of millions of products along with tons of data on buyer preferences & more recently, streaming services attracting 180 million U.S visitors each month, with mobile shopping on the rise Amazon’s mobile app is the easiest way to reach consumers.
- Ads are placed across their e-commerce site
- There are a wide variety of Ad formats like
- Sponsored Products
- Amazon Display
- Headliner Ads
- All Advertisements are internal & selective
- Huge buyer preference data
Started in 2012 by a passionate health food blogger who wanted to monetize an existing blog, Healthyads is a platform offering Health, Fitness, Pharmaceutical & Medical brands the ability reach highly engaged & health conscious people. Later acquired by Gourmet Ads in 2016, it has grown to one of the largest health-focused audiences in the world offering a range of targetable health based audiences. With Operations in both the US & Australia, They offer a global perspective & allow brands to target wide audiences
Why Healthy Ads?
- They ensure a 100% fill rate of your inventory
- Offer 24*7 Customer Support
- Provide valuable resources for you to learn & grow
- Hassle Free
An Internet publisher since 2004 Mediavine owns & operates The Hollywood Gossip, TV Fanatic & Food Fanatic. They were founded & owned by publishers, have over 4700 happy publishers & over 6 Billion ad impressions with a very high satisfaction rate amongst users.
- MVP Loyalty Bonus
- Doesn’t Negatively Impact Your SEO
- Awesome dashboard
- Easy to use plugin
- White Glove Customer Service
- Better Pay Rates Than AdSense & Others
When visitors get to interact with an ad, mostly they end up leaving your site. That is in fact what many advertisers are paying & optimizing for. Reducing time on the website & other vital engagement metrics, however, is not something that publishers are seeking. Sulvo helps publishers to increase revenue while sending fewer users away from your site.
- Innovative Optimization Technology
- Ensures highest possible CPM
- Plethora of ad formats
- SSL Compliant
- Intuitive platform
- Super easy to implement the Ad code
So we can conclude…
Starting a niche website that falls along your interests, is a success mantra, but you need to do a lot of research & analyze which niche is in demand & can generate more revenue so as to strike a balance between passion & profit. There is a plethora of Ad networks in the market but you need to find the one that works best with your niche. We hope this list of best ad networks for niche blogs and websites was helpful. Feel free to explore other topics here on blognife as well.
Blognife's Recommended Monetization Partners:
- Best AdSense Alternative- Setupad, Media.net
- Push Notification Network- iZooto (Highly Recommended)
- Best Contextual Ad Network- Media.net (Signup Bonus: Extra 10% for 3 months)
- Native Ad Network- Revcontent, Taboola
- Limited time offer- 60% OFF on Hostgator one year plan. Use code BLOGWITHABHISHEK