Taboola is undoubtedly one of the fastest growing native ad networks which guarantee a 100% fill rate to publishers across any geo. However, Taboola has a minimum traffic requirement of 1 million page views and a lot of publishers fall short of this and look for alternatives. This post is written keeping in mind small to mid-sized publishers who have monthly traffic volumes in the range of 60,000- 5,00,000 page views a month. The following native ad networks list below accepts small to mid-sized publishers if they have enough demand for traffic geos.
Content.ad has a much lower traffic requirement than Taboola and accept websites which are relevant to their advertiser base. They can monetize 100% of your traffic at CPC rates which are almost equivalent to Taboola. Indeed Content.ad is the best fit and a true Taboola alternative for small publishers. Requirements: No minimum traffic but niche and geos are important for approval.
- CPM rate- 5 cents to $2
- Minimum Traffic Required- 30,000 page views per month.
- Payment Methods- They pay on a NET 30-day basis, and the minimum payout threshold is $50. The payment options are PayPal, Wire Transfer, cheque, and Hold My Payments.
Spoutable is powered by exit-intent and can monetize your US traffic with CPMs around $3-$5 depending upon the niche. It is one of the best Taboola alternatives for small publishers since they generously accept publishers with page views around 1000 per day. Also, they pay as soon as the earnings reach $100 and have a sweet referral bonus of 5% of publisher earnings for 6 months.
Requirements: Should have around 1000 uniques per day.
One of the top performing native ad network which can make you additional revenue. Earn high CPMs with Spoutable. Highly Recommended
- CPM rates- 29 cents- $3
- Minimum Traffic Requirement- No minimum traffic needed.
- Payment Methods- They pay on a NET 20-day basis, and the minimum payout threshold is $100. And the payment options are Paypal and Wire Transfer.
Disqus serves native ads along with its comments if you enable their reveal feature. Normally, sites need to be approved for monetization. I did test the platform but found the revenue to be extremely low, mainly, because of the low view rate of the ads on mobile. Disqus has some of the leading advertisers and thus they can good rates for sites which have more desktop traffic.
- CPM rate- $0.30
- MinimumTraffic Requirement- No traffic requirement
- Payment Methods- They pay on a NET 90-day basis, and the minimum payout threshold is $100. And the payment options are PayPal, Wire Transfer, eCheque, Cheque, and ACH
MGID is one of the oldest know traffic exchange company which now has its own native ad network. With a pool of advertisers, MGID performs best for viral and news websites. You can expect page RPM rates to be close to that of Taboola for various niches. They pay NET 30 once you reach the $100 threshold. The dashboard looks neat and good. They do pay on time and are not a scam.
- CPM rate- 1- 5 cents
- Minimum Traffic Requirement- 10,000 page views per day, or 300,000 views per month.
- Payment Method- NET 30, the minimum payout threshold is $100. and the payment options are Paypal, Wire Transfer and Webmoney.
Adnow should be one of the top Taboola alternatives for small publishers. Your site needs to have a proper navigation, moderate traffic to be approved by Adnow. Also, they do accept adult sites. I have used Adnow on one of my website and sometimes, it was generating more revenue than Taboola, however, I removed them because the quality of the ads was not good and repetitive. However, Adnow is a good network for beginners.
- CPM rate- $0.1 to $2
- Minimum Traffic Requirement- No traffic requirement.
- Payment Methods- They pay on a NET 7-day basis, and the minimum payout threshold is $20. The payment options are Paypal, Wire Transfer, and Webmoney.
Adnow will help you make additional revenue from your existing traffic by simply putting an ad widget anywhere on your content. Suitable for mid sized publishers and bloggers.
6) Matched Content from Google
Matched content from Google allows integration of native ads along with recommended articles. The feature not only provides additional revenue but also increase your site’s page views. Google can be picky to approve sites for matched content, so if you’re not seeing the ads option enabled on the matched content, feel free to use another native ad network.
Requirement: Nothing mentioned by AdSense, but sites with more than 1,000 page views a day stands a good chance to use matched content ads.
While there are quite several native ad networks which can be a Taboola alternative, but the ones listed above are the popular ones. Along with this, you can also try Gemini from Yahoo, Adblade, Gravity from AOL, Columbia from Times Internet and more. RevContent is another high paying native ad network but they have high page views requirement and are not suitable for small publishers.
Tip: You can use audience data to see the native ad network which is performing better based on geography. Use a plugin like Advanced Ads to place multiple native ad networks and enable them for best performing geos to make more revenue. You can see good results if you have a blog with 50,000 – 1,00,000 page views a day. We hope this list of Taboola alternatives for small publishers can help you get started. Feel free to connect with us anytime. If you’re in Indian regional content publisher, you should try Adgebra.
Blognife's Recommended Monetization Partners:
- Best AdSense Alternative- Setupad
- Push Notification Network- iZooto
- Best Contextual Ad Network- Media.net (Signup Bonus: Extra 10% for 3 months)
- Video Ad Network- vdo.ai
- Native Ad Network- Revcontent, Taboola
Denied by Taboola? Try out these top Taboola alternatives for small publishers.