A good hosting service provider is absolutely essential to running a successful ecommerce business. Cloudways has been extremely popular because of its unique cloud hosting approach. Unlike the conventional WordPress hosting providers, Cloudways lets you choose from five different cloud hosting providers for your hosting infrastructure and they configure everything for you to let you manage your sites from one simple dashboard.
However, it could be too complex for some people and might seem quite expensive too. So, here is a list of the best cloudways alternatives that you can try out.
Choosing the Best Cloudways Alternatives
There are quite a few reasons why you would be looking for an alternative to Cloudways. When you are looking for the best Cloudways alternative, here is what you should be looking for:
- Simple experience: Cloudways could be relatively complex and as a newbie, it could be very overwhelming to configure everything.
- Comprehensive support: By default, Cloudways provides support only for your hosting server and does not include support for WordPress if you want the latter, you will have to upgrade to Advanced SLA which starts from $100 per month.
- Better Price: Cloudways provides excellent pricing plans if you are a single, low-resource server. But, if you want more resources, there are other service providers that offer better plans.
7 Best Cloudways Alternatives to Try: 2022
These are some of the best Cloudways alternatives to try.
1. Hostgator: Best Cloudways Hosting Alternative for WordPress Sites
A leading provider of secure and affordable web hosting, HostGator offers a ton of website hosting options, a 99.9% uptime guarantee, a free SSL certificate, easy WordPress installs, and a free domain for a year. They offer free site transfers, unmetered bandwidth, and one-click installs to integrate apps easily. HostGator is one of the most reliable hosting platforms since its inception.
- Easy, affordable, and includes a free domain for a year.
- Offers a drag-and-drop builder.
- 2.5x the speed, beefed up security, and free migrations.
- Full root access in a fully scalable hosting environment.
- Free SSL certificate.
Hosting Plans: Hostinger offers various hosting plans like shared hosting, website builder, WordPress hosting, dedicated hosting, VPS hosting, cloud hosting, reseller hosting, and Windows hosting.
Pricing: Here is a tentative price list for the various hosting packages provided by HostGator:
- Shared hosting starts at $2.75 per month.
- Website builder starts at $3.84 per month.
- WordPress hosting starts at $5.95 per month.
- VPS hosting starts at $23.95 per month.
- Dedicated hosting starts at $89.98 per month.
Ideal for: HostGator is particularly great for WordPress and highly recommended for anyone who wishes to start a WordPress website. It is also highly recommended if you are just starting because they have excellent support.
Uptime: It guarantees 99.9% uptime, and its best ability is availability, to make sure that your site stays up.
Additional Notes: You might notice that they have additional services like automated backups and advanced functionality. As someone who is starting, you must make sure that you have unchecked them, and you can add them later if you need them.
Customer Reviews: HostGator is an extremely reliable and customer-friendly hosting service. Its customer service is certainly among the best. However, one of its drawbacks is that its monthly pricing is relatively high.
Money-Back Guarantee: Hostgator has a very generous 45 days money-back guarantee, which is unusual because web hosting does not offer a money-back guarantee beyond 30 days.
2. Siteground: Best Cloudways Hosting Alternative for Small Sites
Trusted by owners of over 28,00,000 domains, Siteground is a very powerful hosting platform recommended by WordPress.org. Using it, you can easily create a site with the popular WordPress site builder, customized for an easy start. The platform is built on the premium Google cloud infrastructure for top reliability, security, and speed. They take advantage of the fast network and SSD persistent storage for optimal site speed and a high level of redundancy.
- Easily build a site.
- Easily migrate a site.
- Easily sell online with WooCommerce.
- Build on premium Google cloud infrastructure.
- Offers optimal site speed and a high level of redundancy.
- Ultrafast server setup.
- Top WordPress speed.
- The latest technology is integrated.
Hosting Plans: Siteground offers various hosting plans like Web hosting, WordPress hosting, WooCommerce hosting, Reseller hosting, Cloud Hosting, Domain names, Web hosting for agencies, and Hosting Web en Espanol.
Pricing: Here is a tentative price list for the various hosting packages provided by Siteground:
The StartUp plan starts from $14.99 per month.
- The GrowBig plan starts from $24.99 per month.
- The GoGeek plan starts from $39.99 per month.
Ideal for: Siteground is particularly great for anyone who is looking to grow a website, popular blog or business. It is great if you want an upgrade from the regular VPS and traditional dedicated servers.
Uptime: SiteGround’s uptime is close to perfect. They have a 99.99% uptime guarantee, which makes them one of the most reliable web hosting service providers.
Customer Reviews: Customers appreciate SiteGround highly for their uptime and speed. Their support team is quick, friendly, and knowledgeable. They offer free WordPress migration and make the process very easy for you. They have both beginner and advanced features.
Money-Back Guarantee: They have a 30-day money-back guarantee for all of their shared hosting plans and 14 days money-back guarantee for cloud hosting plans.
3. Kinsta: Best Cloudways Hosting Alternative for Webmasters
Kinsta offers premium managed WordPress hosting. You can optimize your admin tasks, resources, and budget with their enterprise-level tools. They exclusively offer the highest-end CPUs and global availability thanks to Google’s C2 machines. Their clients are seeing performance improvements from 30% up to 200%.
- Industry-leading speed by the fastest CPUs
- Build-in application performance monitoring.
- Global content delivery network
- Powered by Google Cloud Platform
- Faster, more secure websites at no additional cost
- Easily manage your WordPress site
- 24/7 support by WordPress experts.
Hosting Plans: Kinsta offers various hosting plans like Managed WordPress hosting, WordPress hosting, Agency hosting, Enterprise hosting, WooCommerce hosting, Multisite hosting, Secure hosting, and hosting for publishers.
Pricing: Here is a tentative list of the various hosting packages offered by Kinsta:
- The starter plan starts from $30 per month
- The Pro plan starts from $60 per month
- Business 1 plan starts from $100 per month
- Business 2 plan starts from $200 per month
- Business 3 plan starts from $300 per month
- Business 4 plan starts from $400 per month
- Enterprise 1 plan starts from $600 per month
- Enterprise 2 plan starts from $900 per month
- Enterprise 3 plan starts from $1200 per month
- Enterprise 4 plan starts from $1500 per month.
Ideal for: Kinsta is ideal for you if you run a website, online shop, agency, or enterprise, and their premium managed hosting offers top performance and expert support.
Uptime: Kinsta offers a 99.99% uptime and barely any downtime.
Customer Reviews: Kinsta is an excellent web hosting service provider. Customers love their well-crafted servers for WordPress and it can load your website very quickly. It also offers best-in-class customer support.
Money-Back Guarantee: Kinsta offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and no long-term contracts.
4. WPEngine: Best Cloudways Hosting Alternative for Ecommerce Sites
WP Engine is the fastest and most reliable web hosting platform to power your creativity. You can improve the performance of your WordPress website, protect your business, and accelerate development, all backed by award-winning, 24/7 support. WP Engine is recommended for Woocommerce and premium WordPress sites.
- A faster website will help you make more money.
- Automated updates, managed upgrades, and daily backups, will help save time and keep the website secure.
- Create good-looking, mobile-friendly websites in minutes.
- Deliver consistently extraordinary performance.
- Secure your audience and protect your brand.
- Scale your eCommerce store
- Increase sales.
- Optimize your store for the best speed.
Hosting Plans: WPEngine offers various hosting plans like Managed WordPress Hosting, WooCommerce Hosting, and more. You get Managed Hosting, Managed Hosting Plus, Secure Hosting, and Ecommerce Hosting.
Pricing: Here is a tentative price list for the various hosting packages provided by WP Engine:
- The Foundation Business plan starts at $25 per month.
- The WooCommerce Hosting Solution plan starts at $30 per month.
- The Growth Suite plan starts at $135 per month.
- You have to personally connect with them for the pricing of the Enterprise WordPress platform.
Ideal for: WP Engine is highly recommended for anyone who wants hassle-free and easy, premium WordPress hosting. You must try this if you have a WooCommerce store because of the solutions it offers specifically for the same.
Uptime: WP Engine guarantees you a 99.95% server uptime, so you would have approximately four and a half hours of downtime every year.
Customer Reviews: WP Engine is said to have a customer satisfaction rating of a whopping 97%. To help less tech-savvy customers, the web hosting platform has quite an extensive support center. It offers exceptional load speed and very high performance, which explains why people pay the premium price for their service.
Money-Back Guarantee: WP Engine is extremely confident about the product they offer, so they offer 60 days money-back guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with their service, they will refund your fee within the first 60 days.
5. Liquid Web: Best Cloudways Hosting Alternative for Site Owners
The leader in managed hosting service, Liquid Web, provides you with an unrivaled hosting experience that delivers 99.99% uptime and constant access to excellent support. They specialize in understanding your goals and engineering a tailored solution that helps you reach your business goals faster. They help you figure out the hosting solution that best matches the needs of your project, including designing a custom, multi-server platform.
- Multi-server environments with managed file replication options to ensure uptime.
- Satisfy HIPAA or PCI requirements with our secure, compliant infrastructure.
- Hosted VMware environments with transparent pricing and no per-VM fees.
- Customizable dedicated infrastructure built to fit your needs.
- Multi-server configurations for maximum uptime and performance.
- Lightning-fast cloud VPS hosting with root access.
- Private cloud server for deploying your own VPS instances.
Hosting Plans: Liquid Web offers various hosting plans like dedicated servers, VPS hosting, cloud dedicated, Managed WordPress, Managed WooCommerce, and more.
Pricing: Here is a tentative list of the various hosting packages offered by Liquid Web:
- The Dedicated plan starts from $169 per month.
- The VPS plan starts from $25 per month.
- The Cloud Dedicated plan starts from $149 per month.
- VMware Private Cloud plan starts from $510 per month.
- Managed WordPress plan is starting from $13.35 per month
- Managed WooCommerce plan is starting from $13.30 per month
- Magento Cloud plan starts from $49 per month.
- The private VPS Parent plan starts from $149 per month.
- Server Clusters plan is starting from $743 per month.
- The High-Performance plan is starting from $1127 per month.
- The High Availability plan is starting from $1448 per month.
- The Database Hosting plan is starting from $1498 per month.
- HIPAA plan starts from $344 per month.
Ideal for: Liquid Web offers premier managed hosting services and exceptional customer support. It is ideal for your business, for bloggers, and for ecommerce stores too. It is highly recommended for small to medium-sized businesses.
Uptime: In 2021, Liquid Web upheld an annual uptime of 99.9992%, which means Liquid Web customers experienced less than five and a half minutes of downtime in 2021.
Customer Reviews: Most of the customers are extremely happy with Liquid Web. It guarantees response time, hardware replacement, and compensation. Its support is impeccable. However, it is not the cheapest hosting provider.
Money-Back Guarantee: Liquid Web doesn’t offer any money-back guarantee for its managed WordPress hosting and it only offers refunds for Cloud VPS plans.
6. Digital Ocean: Best Cloudways Hosting Alternative for Applications
DigitalOcean has the cloud computing services you need, with predictable pricing, robust documentation, and scalability to support your growth at any stage. Their simple UI, CLI, API, and docs enable you to spend time on your business while we focus on the infrastructure.
- Simple UI.
- Monthly caps and flat pricing.
- Control panel integration.
- Web framework support.
- eCommerce integration.
- CMS support.
Hosting Plans: There are various hosting plans offered by Digital Ocean like website hosting, web hosting, video streaming hosting, Cloud VPN, and managed cloud hosting providers.
Pricing: Here is a tentative pricing list of the plans offered by Digital Ocean:
- Droplets start at $5 per month.
- Spaces object storage starts at $5 per month.
- Load Balancers start at $10 per month.
- Managed Kubernetes starts at $10 per month.
- Managed databases start at $15 per month.
- Volumes start at $10 per month.
Ideal for: Digital Ocean is ideal for developers. It has plenty of facilitation and tools to make it ideal for developers.
Uptime: They provide a 99.99% uptime SLA around network, power, and virtual server availability. If they fail to deliver, they will credit you based on the amount of time that service was unavailable.
Customer Reviews: Digital Ocean is one of the most popular and preferred web hosting services. They have excellent pricing, are reliable, and are easy to use. Developers highly prefer this hosting service.
Money-Back Guarantee: Digital Ocean does not offer any money-back guarantee or a refund policy.
7. Scala Hosting: Best Cloudways Hosting Alternative for Developers
Scala Hosting helps you power your website with a fully managed, cloud-based VPS at the price of a traditional shared hosting plan. Their fully-featured managed VPS cloud technology offers full customization and on-demand scaling at market-leading prices.
- Optimized for performance
- Build for reliability
- On-Demand scalability
- Fully managed 34/7/365 by experts.
Hosting Plans: Scala Hosting offers a variety of hosting plans like Managed Cloud VPS, self-managed cloud VPS, web hosting, reseller hosting, business email hosting, and Minecraft VPS.
Pricing: Here is a tentative list of the pricing plans offered by Scala Hosting:
- Start plan starts at $14.95 per month
- Advanced plan starts from $32.95 per month
- Business plan starts at $72.95 per month
- Enterprise plan starts at $152.95 per month
Ideal for: From freelance web developers to web design agencies, to bustling e-commerce websites, to savvy domain resellers, clients trust our managed cloud-hosting solutions to reach their full potential on the web.
Uptime: Scala Hosting offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee and their custom-built servers and self-healing cloud setup prevent lag and downtime while maximizing reliability.
Customer Reviews: Customers get the best of all worlds with reliable, excellently performing Scala Hosting. Their support takes server maintenance out of your hands.
Money-Back Guarantee: They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can get your money back if you do not see your site up 99.99% of the time.
The question now is which is the best Cloudways alternative for you. It is completely dependent on what you wish to find in your alternative. It is highly suggested that you go through each one of these and find one that suits your needs the best.
Our Recommended Monetization Partners:
- Best AdSense Alternative- Setupad
- Push Notification Network- iZooto, Unative,
- Best Contextual Ad Network- Media.net (Extra 10% for 3 months)
- Video Ad Network- vdo.ai
- Native Ad Network- Mgid
- Popup Ad Network- Exoclick, Propeller Ads
I and my team research various ad networks and can help you increase your overall ad revenue; so you could rake in more greenbacks with the best monetization platforms. Tap into the power of the online publishing business with me. I am just a mail away, so reach out to me if you want to scale up your website revenue. mail: [email protected]