Last updated on January 25th, 2023 at 02:52 pm
One of the most known names in the website hosting industry, HostGator has been incredibly famous for quite some time. However, now it has been pretty controversial because of the sharp upticks in their renewal prices and there has been a decline in their customer service quality. So, here is a list of the best HostGator alternatives for effective hosting.
Publishergrowth: The Revenue Acceleration Platform for Publishers
Blognife is elated to announce the launch of Publisher Growth- a community of publishers that helps you actively accelerate your revenue. This platform assists publishers in growing their traffic and revenue. As publishers, you can share and read reviews of ad networks and hosting companies. You can connect with other publishers to build links for growth and monetization hacks and more. This platform will help you stay up to date with the advertising and publisher ecosystem.
Choosing the Best Hostgator Alternatives
- If you want to switch to another website host, you have to make sure that it guarantees everything that HostGator lacks. Here is what you need to look out for:
- Free domain: Domain is important to run a website and it must be included in your hosting package.
- SSL Certification: It makes it possible for the website to make an encrypted connection with the visitor’s browser and keeps data safe from third parties.
- Security: The best hosts use different protocols to keep your website safe and you must look for a host with different features and also protection from hotlinking.
- Speed: Most users leave the site if they see slow load times. The best alternative would offer load times of less than a second.
- Customer Service: You must be able to connect with customer service and get your problems solved quickly.
7 Best Hostgator Alternatives to Try: 2023
These are some of the best HostGator alternatives that will provide you with cost-effective hosting.
1. Bluehost: Best Hostgator Alternative for WordPress Sites
With Bluehost hosting, you get powerful tools and a smart-design website builder for easy, quick website creation to power your WordPress or custom website. Bluehost is powering more than 2 million websites globally with 24/7 chat support like most of the other hosting providers. They do have an easy to use interface and getting started is like a breeze.
- Recommended by WordPress.org since 2005
- Free domain name for the first year
- Free SSL Certificate and SEO tools
- Free Premium Cloudflare CDN
- 1-Click WordPress Install
- 24/7 Support
- Free Site Migration
- Free Website Builder and Themes
Hosting Plans: Bluehost offers the following hosting plans to its customers- WordPress hosting, WooCommerce hosting, shared hosting, dedicated hosting, VPS hosting
Bluehost Pricing: Here is a tentative price list for the various hosting packages provided by Bluehost
- WordPress hosting: Starts at $2.95 per month
- WooCommerce hosting: Starts at $15.95 per month
- Shared hosting: Starts at $2.95 per month
- Dedicated hosting: Starts at $79.99 per month
- VPS hosting: Starts at $19.99 per month
Bluehost is Ideal for: small businesses, ecommerce sites, entry-level blogging sites, WordPress sites, and more. Their dedicated VPS services are ideal for news websites and high-traffic sites.
Bluehost Uptime: Bluehost has an uptime of 99.9% as per Pingdom data. For a complete data on uptime please visit this link.
Additional Notes: Make sure to use an automatic website backup and one-click restore services like BackupBuddy or a comprehensive solution from WPMUDev. This is highly recommended since the backups from web servers are difficult to restore and need some off-site backups. Most of the shared web hosts use common resources and malware attacks are a common phenomenon.
Bluehost Customer Reviews: Bluehost is one of the best hosting services to get you started with their affordable rates. However, their chat support is not one of the best in terms of quickly fixing an issue. They have been rated 3.6/5 stars in G2 at the time of writing this article. I have personally tried Bluehost and can recommend it as a good web hosting service.
Money-Back Guarantee: Yes, Bluehost provides 30 days no questions asked money-back guarantee to its customers. I suggest you give them a try!
2. Dreamhost: Best Hostgator Alternative for Webmasters
Dreamhost makes sure that your website is fast, secure, and always up. You can grow your website faster by using DreamHost as your foundation. Its custom control panel is simple to use and helps easily manage your web hosting. Their tool suite is full-featured and fast and reliable.
- The custom control panel is simple to use and helps easily manage your web hosting.
- Their tool suite is full-featured and has everything you need to be successful.
- They are both fast and reliable.
- Their award-winning US-based experts are always available to help.
- They have several security features.
- They believe in providing open source solutions.
Hosting Plans: They have several hosting plans like WordPress Hosting, Website Hosting, VPS Hosting, Website Builder, Dedicated Hosting, and Cloud Hosting.
Pricing: Here is a tentative price list for the various hosting packages provided by Dreamhost:
- Shared Starter plan starts from $2.95 per month.
- Shared Unlimited starts from $2.95 per month.
- Dreampress starts from $16.95 per month.
Ideal for: Dreamhost is an excellent web hosting service option for most website owners who are looking for high performance and at an affordable price, you get quick adaptation.
Uptime: Dreamhost guarantees 100% uptime. A failure to provide 100% uptime will result in customer compensation according to the guidelines established herein.
Customer Reviews: Dreamhost is one of the best web hosting service providers you will find. The site is easy to navigate. Customers love its excellent uptime, and speed, and offer technical support for owners to have a successful online presence.
Money-Back Guarantee: They offer a 97-Day Money-Back Guarantee, but this offer is only applicable to credit card payments for shared web hosting.
3. Inmotion Hosting: Best Hostgator Alternative for Bloggers
With Inmotion hosting, you get secure web hosting that grows with your business. You are given premium web hosting with constantly present technical support, 99.99% uptime, and a risk-free money-back guarantee.
- 99.99% Uptime and Security Monitoring
- Over 500,000 WordPress Installations and Counting
- Multi Award-Winning Service and Support Teams
- Most Website Transfers in the Industry
- 24/7 Phone and Email Support
- 24/7 Live Chat
- 24/7 Monitoring and Ticketing
- Online Support Center
- Step-by-Step Education Channels
- Community Support Forums
Hosting Plans: Inmotion hosting offers a variety of hosting plans like Shared hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting and Dedicated hosting.
Pricing: Here is a tentative pricing list of the various hosting plans offered by Inmotion hosting:
- Shared hosting starts at $6.39 per month.
- WordPress hosting starts at $3.99 per month.
- VPS hosting starts at $19.99 per month.
- Dedicated hosting starts at $139.99 per month.
Ideal for: It is highly recommended for businesses that have started small and are looking to scale up their business. It is not recommended for ecommerce businesses or a blog.
Uptime: InMotion hosting has an uptime of a whopping 99.95% which is extremely high and good.
Customer Reviews: Inmotion hosting offers truly outstanding customer service, which is the primary reason customers love it. However, it also offers the latest technology and good uptime. But, if you have a very host-dependent project.
Money-Back Guarantee: Inmotion hosting offers the industry-leading 90-day money-back guarantee.
4. GreenGeeks: Best Hostgator Alternative for Site Owners
GreenGeeks is a specially engineered hosting platform that offers Shared, Reseller, VPS hosting, and more, and it is curated for the fastest, scalable, and most secure hosting available. They have top-notch expert support. Since its launch, it has been the industry leader in providing eco-friendly green hosting providers.
- Fast page loads and maximum redundancy.
- Has the best and latest speed technologies.
- Easily scale computing resources to seamlessly upgrade hosting.
- Custom security rule and zero-day vulnerability fixes.
- Stable platform with container technology, account isolation, proactive monitoring, and daily backups.
- Expert support.
Hosting Plans: GreenGeeks offers various hosting plans like Web hosting, reseller hosting, VPS hosting, Dedicated servers, and website builder.
Pricing: Here is a tentative price list for the various hosting packages provided by GreenGeeks:
- WordPress hosting starts from $2.95 per month
- WooCommerce Hosting starts from $2.95 per month.
- Reseller Web hosting starts from $29.95 per month.
- Virtual Private Servers start at $39.95 per month.
Ideal for: GreenGeeks is the best eco-friendly web hosting service and is rather perfect for a small business. It is highly recommended for newbies because its control panel is very easy to use.
Uptime: Greengeeks is very focused on server time. They guarantee that they will be up 99.9% of the time.
Additional Notes: If you are using their shared hosting service, make it a point to check on the resource use, so that you do not disrupt the service quality for customers. If your website goes over the computing resources, it will be slow because your resources would be overused.
Customer Reviews: One thing that impacts whether or not a customer stays is the server speed, and GreenGeeks comes through on it and they offer a lot of customization options to help you speed up your website further. It is completely reliable with 99.9% uptime and they have a team of professionals helping you.
Money-Back Guarantee: GreenGeeks offers a complete risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
5. Kinsta: Best Hostgator Alternative for Managed Hosting
Kinsta offers premium managed WordPress hosting. You can optimize your admin tasks, resources, and budget with their enterprise-level tools. They exclusively offer the highest-end CPUs and global availability thanks to Google’s C2 machines. Their clients are seeing performance improvements from 30% up to 200%.
- Industry-leading speed by the fastest CPUs
- Build-in application performance monitoring.
- Global content delivery network
- Powered by Google Cloud Platform
- Faster, more secure websites at no additional cost
- Easily manage your WordPress site
- 24/7 support by WordPress experts.
Hosting Plans: Kinsta offers various hosting plans like Managed WordPress hosting, WordPress hosting, Agency hosting, Enterprise hosting, WooCommerce hosting, Multisite hosting, Secure hosting, and hosting for publishers.
Pricing: Here is a tentative list of the various hosting packages offered by Kinsta:
- Starter plan starts from $30 per month
- Pro plan starts from $60 per month
- Business 1 plan starts from $100 per month
- Business 2 plan starts from $200 per month
- Business 3 plan starts from $300 per month
- Business 4 plan starts from $400 per month
- Enterprise 1 plan starts from $600 per month
- Enterprise 2 plan starts from $900 per month
- Enterprise 3 plan starts from $1200 per month
- Enterprise 4 plan starts from $1500 per month.
Ideal for: Kinsta is ideal for you if you run a website, online shop, agency, or enterprise, and their premium managed hosting offers top performance and expert support.
Uptime: Kinsta offers a 99.99% uptime and barely any downtime.
Customer Reviews: Kinsta is an excellent web hosting service provider. Customers love their well-crafted servers for WordPress and it can load your website very quickly. It also offers best-in-class customer support.
Money-Back Guarantee: Kinsta offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and no long-term contracts.
6. Liquid Web: Best Hostgator Alternative for Hosting WordPress Sites
The leader in managed hosting service, Liquid Web, provides you with an unrivaled hosting experience that delivers 99.99% uptime and constant access to excellent support. They specialize in understanding your goals and engineering a tailored solution that helps you reach your business goals faster. They help you figure out the hosting solution that best matches the needs of your project, including designing a custom, multi-server platform.
- Multi-server environments with managed file replication options to ensure uptime.
- Satisfy HIPAA or PCI requirements with our secure, compliant infrastructure.
- Hosted VMware environments with transparent pricing and no per-VM fees.
- Customizable dedicated infrastructure built to fit your needs.
- Multi-server configurations for maximum uptime and performance.
- Lightning-fast cloud VPS hosting with root access.
- Private cloud server for deploying your own VPS instances.
Hosting Plans: Liquid Web offers various hosting plans like dedicated servers, VPS hosting, cloud dedicated, Managed WordPress, Managed WooCommerce, and more.
Pricing: Here is a tentative list of the various hosting packages offered by Liquid Web:
- The Dedicated plan starts from $169 per month.
- The VPS plan starts from $25 per month.
- The Cloud Dedicated plan starts from $149 per month.
- VMware Private Cloud plan starts from $510 per month.
- Managed WordPress plan is starting from $13.35 per month
- Managed WooCommerce plan is starting from $13.30 per month
- Magento Cloud plan starts from $49 per month.
- The private VPS Parent plan starts from $149 per month.
- Server Clusters plan starts from $743 per month.
- The High-Performance plan starts from $1127 per month.
- The High Availability plan starts from $1448 per month.
- The Database Hosting plan starts from $1498 per month.
- HIPAA plan starts from $344 per month.
Ideal for: Liquid Web offers premier managed hosting services and exceptional customer support. It is ideal for your business, for bloggers, and for ecommerce stores too. It is highly recommended for small to medium-sized businesses.
Uptime: In 2021, Liquid Web upheld an annual uptime of 99.9992%, which means Liquid Web customers experienced less than five and a half minutes of downtime in 2021.
Customer Reviews: Most of the customers are extremely happy with Liquid Web. It guarantees response time, hardware replacement, and compensation. Its support is impeccable. However, it is not the cheapest hosting provider.
Money-Back Guarantee: Liquid Web doesn’t offer any money-back guarantee for its managed WordPress hosting and it only offers refunds for Cloud VPS plans.
These are some of the best HostGator alternatives. You do not have to spend an excruciating amount of research on web hosting companies. These are some of the bests and would be helpful. You could choose either one of them based on your needs.
Our Recommended Tools for Publishers:
- Best AdSense Alternative- Setupad, Ezoic
- Push Notification Network- iZooto, Unative,
- Best Contextual Ad Network- Media.net (Extra 10% for 3 months)
- Native Ad Network- Mgid
- Popup Ad Network- Exoclick, Propeller Ads
- Best Web Hosting- Bluehost, Hostgator, Stablehost, WPEngine
- Blogging Tools- OptinMonster, Astra, Teachable,
I and my team research various ad networks and can help you increase your overall ad revenue; so you could rake in more greenbacks with the best monetization platforms. Tap into the power of the online publishing business with me. I am just a mail away, so reach out to me if you want to scale up your website revenue. mail: [email protected]