AdMob vs AdColony Review- CPM Rates, Payment, and Earnings Report

Last updated on July 8th, 2021 at 12:57 pm

Digitization and smartphones have taken over the world, and the optimum combination of the two is the best way to reach an unprecedented number of people. Mobile ad networks offer dual-sided benefits for both an app developer and brands. As an app developer, opening up your app to a mobile ad network creates an additional revenue stream by leasing out ad space within your app. For brands and publishers, there is great value in investing in a partnership with ad networks as it offers brands a highly-targeted means to get in front of their audience in a rich, captivating and interactive media channel.

The ad tech industry now has several mobile ad networks that provide efficient services exclusively to mobile devices; AdMob is possibly one of the best and one of the largest out of that lot. AdMob is Google’s very own mobile ad network that allows publishers to monetize their mobile apps with relevant ads from a huge inventory of advertisers. AdColony is another premium mobile ad network. It is one of the largest mobile advertising platforms in the world, with a reach of more than 1.4 billion users globally.

In this article, we are going to do a comprehensive relative study of the two premium mobile ad networks and try to understand their pros and cons.

AdMob vs AdColony: Minimum Traffic Requirement

Although AdMob does not have a minimum traffic requirement as such, you need to have a prior AdSense account to get accepted by AdMob. There are no language constraints in the network.

Also Read:  Admob eCPM Rates in India 2022

AdMob vs AdColony: Revenue Share Percentage

The AdMob network shares 60% of the generated revenue with publishers and retains the rest 40% in exchange for the services rendered.

AdMob vs AdColony: Ad Quality

AdMob, being a Google product, has global reach and displays high-quality advertisements. It supports cross-platform monetization (Android, iOS, and Windows). Publishers can customize text ad units with specific colours and fonts to maximize visibility and click rates. AdColony has the best video quality with its HD videos.

AdMob vs AdColony: Publisher List

AdMob is used by top app developers around the world like Etermax, Cheetah Mobile, Backflip Studios and Fingersoft.

ABC News, Flixster, Glu, History, Lifetime are some of the publishers of AdColony.

AdMob vs AdColony: CPM and RPM Rates

The earning model of AdMob is based on a CPM basis, though there is also some CPC advertising available. The revenue is highly dependent on the location of the traffic. AdMob provides lower rates of CPM compared to AdSense. The average RPM on Android platform lies in between 15 cents to USD 1.50 while on iOS, it is between 20 cents to USD 2. They have excellent fill rates and competitive eCPMs. Interstitial ad units have an RPM rate of USD 2 to 4 for Android platform and USD 3 to 5 for the iOS platform.

AdColony pays 0.5 eCPM per completed view of a video (it starts with 1 eCPM at first view and goes down to 0 eCPM when you have watched some videos without downloading something). When all videos have been shown, AdColony stops sending videos, and you should swap to another Ad Solution. AdColony pays around 2$ per install.

Also Read:  Rewarded Video eCPM Rates 2022

AdMob vs AdColony: Payment and Earnings Report

AdMob follows the monthly payment cycle. The minimum payout threshold is USD 20. It supports payment through several portals which include ACH, PayPal, and Wire Transfer.

AdColony issues monthly Publisher checks on a net 60-day basis. Payment can be received via check, PayPal, wire transfer, or ACH payments for domestic partners. For international partners, they offer PayPal or wire transfer.

Final Verdict

AdMob is one of the largest and most popular tools for monetizing mobile apps. It can be used by both basic and advanced app publishers. For more advanced app makers who want to maximize their mobile earnings, AdMob also includes a tool called “”AdMob Mediation”” that facilitates ongoing optimization. This feature allows users to display ads from multiple sources, including the AdMob network and other mobile ad networks. AdColony is trusted by Fortune 500 brands, and more than 85% of the world’s top-grossing mobile publishers and are known for their exclusive Instant-Play™ HD video technology, proprietary rich media formats, our global performance advertising business and programmatic marketplace, and their extensive ad SDK footprint in the top 1000 apps worldwide.

Our Recommended Monetization Partners:

Looking to Increase your Ad Revenue: Get in touch with me for a personalised consultation and increase your ad revenue across native, display, video (instream and outstream), in-app and other verticals. I also assist in customized DFP setup, header bidding, and content creation strategy. My skype id is: ronniedey. Feel free to connect!