Teads, founded in 2011, is the inventor of outstream video advertising and the leading native video advertising marketplace. Publishers work with Teads to create brand new outstream video inventory, monetizing it through programmatic buying, their own sales force, or third parties including Teads Demand. Teads pioneers advertising experiences that respect the user, creating unprecedented levels of premium inventory which previously didn’t exist. The network is known to provide strong CPMs to publishers who are mostly news sites and have good traffic presence in US and EU. In this article, we are going to discuss the CPM rates offered by the ad network Teads.tv and how publishers can make money using Teads.
Benefits for Publishers
Brands, agencies and trading desks can access this top-tier, premium inventory, available on the web and on mobile, via Teads Marketplace. Through their managed services capabilities, the Teads team execute on their client’s behalf using its platform. This means publishers can have access to premium ad campaigns to top brands and Fortune 500 companies. These campaigns have premium rates and the CPMs can range from anywhere between $10 to $20 or above depending on the audience targeting sets and campaign type.
Teads Ad Unit Types
Teads is the pioneer is outstream formats and have a variety of video formats available for advertisers. Here is a list of the viewable video formats
- inRead- inRead format instantly transforms any editorial page on any device into premium video inventory. Natively integrated into premium publishers’ content, inRead champions the user experience with viewable and non-intrusive video advertising.
- inBoard- Drive maximum impact with inBoard video ad unit which is cross-device compatible and loads during first video of the article or story.
- 360- The first 360-degree native video experience, creates a completely immersive experience resulting in more engagement and brand awareness
- Custom- Go beyond our standard templates. Build experiences such as multi-story interactive videos and microsites.
Along with the video formats, Teads also provides a number of display ad formats like
- Engage– Display creative encouraging engagement. The player counts down directing to a landing page of the client’s choice.
- Scroller- Transform your landscape or square creatives into an interactive experience. Engage audiences with the scroll of a finger.
- Swing- By moving a cursor over the image or tilting a smartphone left to right, users will alter the creative revealing an interactive and engaging experience.
- Carousal- Entice your mobile audience with your full product suite. Using this user initiated slideshow, brands can now sample multiple products with the swipe of a finger.
- Slideshow- Brands are no longer limited to promoting one product at a time. Display your product suite with this automated slideshow which only begins when in-view on a mobile device.
- Canvas- With the touch of a button, your audience will engage in a full screen, seamless experience. Allow consumers to view all your products in this viewable mobile presentation.
Teads Minimum Traffic Requirement
Publishers need to adhere to Teads brand safety guidelines, and thus your site needs to have premium inventory which brands believe to be safe for the audience and would like to post their ads on. Since teads work with premium brands and fortune 500 companies, not all publisher websites are approved by Teads editorial team. They take a closer look on the content of the website before approving your site to show Teads advertisement. Additionally, you need to have a minimum of 1 million page views per month to be accepted by the platform. There may be cases earlier where publishers with lesser page views were accepted but we strong think that
Teads CPM Rates
Teads has 28 offices across 28 countries and employees more than 500 people worldwide. The network has a strong presence in the entire Europe and US, and if you have good volume of EU and US traffic, you can easily monetize your editorial content with premium video advertisement from Teads.The CPM rates offered by teads is in the range of USD 15 to USD 20. However, the fill rates can be a great problem if you don’t have targeted traffic since most of the campaigns are for premium audience and the audience segments are defined by the advertisers who use standard DMP (data management platform) which results in precise targeting. Thus, we can confirm the fill rates which would heavily depend on your traffic, but the rates are pretty premium. Even if you’re getting a fill of 10-20%, this would result in additional income for your blogs and websites.
Teads Payment Proof
The minimum payment required for withdrawal is USD 50 and the payments are made in NET 45 days via Paypal or Wire. Teads make payments to its publishers pretty much on time and we haven’t found any discrepancy in their payment terms with publishers until now. Thus it is a pretty reliable ad network working with top publishers across the globe.
To wrap up, Teads offer top CPM rates to its publishers if they have good volume of EU and US traffic. Additionally, since the ads are video outstream, the rates are quite high, but again the overall earnings may not be significant because of the low fill rates. Overall, it a great network for additional monetization, and we recommend signing up with them if you have the required traffic volumes to monetize.
Blognife's Recommended Monetization Partners:
- Best AdSense Alternative- Setupad, Media.net
- Push Notification Network- iZooto (Highly Recommended)
- Best Contextual Ad Network- Media.net (Signup Bonus: Extra 10% for 3 months)
- Video Ad Network- vdo.ai
- Native Ad Network- Revcontent, Taboola
- Limited time offer- 60% OFF on Hostgator one year plan. Use code BLOGWITHABHISHEK