About Media.net- Media.net is one of the fastest growing contextual ad networks that helps publishers monetize their ad spaces by showing relevant keywords tags. The network has a huge base of advertisers who are primarily advertising on the Yahoo Bing network and Media.net provides the ad space for these advertisements. The network recently got sold off at a whopping 900 million to a Chinese consortium. The company reported a net revenue of 232 million USD for the year 2015 and manages more than 450 million USD of managed ad spend. Almost 90% of the company’s revenue comes from the US and has offices across US, Middle East, and India. In this article, we are going to discuss how a publisher can get his account approved by media.net fast.
- 1 Benefits of Media.net for Publishers
- 2 Media.net Requirements: Site Approval Criteria
- 3 How Long Does it Take Media.net to Approve a Website?
- 4 Media.net Website Approval Tricks: Get your Media.net Account Approved Fast
- 5 How to Get Approved by Media.net Fast?
- 6 Conclusion
Benefits of Media.net for Publishers
Media.net is the second largest contextual ad network by market share and is only after AdSense. The Yahoo! Bing Network gives publishers instantaneous access to one of the world’s largest marketplaces for keyword-targeted advertisers.
- Innovative Ad units- Media.net provides innovative ad units which can increase the overall CTR for publishers. Their mobile ad units offer additional monetizations to publishers who have huge volumes of mobile traffic.
- Huge Advertising Pool- Media.net offers a huge pool of advertisers and thus the quality of the ads are of high standards. Some of the top search advertisers use the Yahoo Bing marketplace and thus media.net offers deep customization for publishers and works on increasing advertiser ROI.
- Dynamic Optimization- The network contextual matches the appropriate ads with the site’s keywords and help publishers in monetizing their traffic with dynamic optimization. This feature allows publishers to maximize their earnings potential and make good revenue.
- Additional Revenue- Media.net fits well with AdSense and offers additional monetization opportunity for publishers. Media.net can bring you about 30-40% of what Adsense is generating and also diversify your ad income.
Media.net Requirements: Site Approval Criteria
Media.net follows a standard set of approval criteria. Your site should have original content and a significant volume of traffic. Additionally, media.net doesn’t approve websites which infringe copyright materials or promote information that influences the use of pirated or copyright materials. Along with that
- Site should be receiving majority of the traffic from US/UK/Canada
- Contain content which is primarily in the English language
- Have reasonable volume of traffic. At least 5,000 page views a day.
- Reasonable ad to text ratio
How Long Does it Take Media.net to Approve a Website?
This usually depends on the volume of applications processed each day and is subjected to holidays. Typically, a website approval can take anywhere from 48 hours to 7 days. You need to be patient to hear back from them on the website approval. If you’re already a publisher with Media.net and wish to approve additional websites, you can get in touch with your account manager for a speedy approval of your website.
Media.net Website Approval Tricks: Get your Media.net Account Approved Fast
First off, you might be hearing people earning good revenue from Media.net and would want to get into the network to maximize your overall earnings. However, before getting started, I would like to tell you that chances that you will be earning good bucks from media.net even after your website is approved depends on the following factors
— Significant volume of your traffic is from US, CA and the UK
— Your website is primarily in a product niche
We have contacted Media.net directly to know some of their top performing websites and niches and here we are listing them.
Sample URL with media.net ads: 25+ Thoughtful Hanukkah Gifts for the Whole Family
Once you scroll down the slideshow, you can see Media.net ads appearing on the website. It is one of the top publishers with an Alexa rank of 4000.
Takeaway: Product based ads targeted towards US, Canadian and UK traffic tends to earn high CPM rates from media.net.
Sample URL with media.net ads: Rent to Own vs Traditional Mortgages
The mortgage has one of the highest CPC’s in the industry and the network offers high rates for such niches. You can see the media.net ads appearing on the sidebar.
Takeaway: Loan offers, credit card, and related financial niches tend to perform quite well with Media.net ads.
Sample URL with media.net ads: The Fulbright Program
As you can see, Media.net ads are the only source of monetization for this website. This hyper-niche site seems to total focus on education discounts and monetizes through Media.net ads. Certainly, the ads are paying them off the roof!
You can take these sites as examples and understand the niche which works best with media.net ads.
Since now you know which sites perform best with Media.net contextual ad network, it would become easy for you to understand Media.net approval tricks..
How to Get Approved by Media.net Fast?
The standard approval for media.net is around seven days since the publisher team evaluates websites based on a number of factors and depending on the volume of the applications, the approval is queued. However, we are going to discuss how you can get approved by media.net fast.
If you’re an existing publisher, then you can add new sites from your dashboard. However, that would again get into the queue list. To make things faster, you can personally mail your account manager who will instantly approve your website and you can get started with the ad tags.
If you’re applying to media.net for the first time, I suggest you follow the media.net approval tricks article here. Just to add a little info here- media.net approves websites which are product-centric and talks about gifts, finance, services, etc. So for a faster approval, your website needs to be on the same category with a significant volume of traffic coming from US and Canada. Additionally, you can contact them via email should you think your website meets all the approval criteria and ask them to approve your website asap.
Alternatively, you can take the email address of any media.net account manager from your friends or with a little search online and ask him or her directly to approve your website suggesting that your audience is a good fit for media.net ads and it can be monetized.
Thus to conclude, media.net works with niche websites which are in finance, gifting, credit, parenting, lifestyle, gadgets domain with traffic primarily from US and Canada. If you are looking to get your media.net account approved fast, you need to follow the points discussed here. Additionally, media.net is a good source of extra income and can run in parallel with Adsense and other ad programs. If you think of getting started with media.net sign up with is exclusive offer URL and get 10% additional earnings for your first 3 months.