InMobi is a global mobile advertising and discovery platform that has a reachability of over 1.5 billion unique mobile devices worldwide. The platform enables consumers to discover new products and services. Only those recommendations are served on mobile apps and devices which are relevant and follows the context. In this post, we will discuss on the InMobi CPM Rates 2017 with respect to its earning model, ad units, and payment proof and earnings report to help you decide if this mobile monetization network is the right fit for your app.
Brief of the Company
InMobi was founded in 2007 under the name of mKhoj by a group of four IIT alumni. Initially, it served as an SMS-based search service. In 2008 its services were upgraded to mobile advertising and were rebranded as InMobi. The company has received a lot of funding from well-known investors around the world. The company is a strong competitor of companies like Facebook and Google in the mobile advertising sector. The company was recognized by MIT Technology Review as one of the 50 Disruptive Companies of 2013. It is the world’s largest mobile ad platform, engaging 872 million Uniques in over 200 countries.
Ad Unit Types
The various ad placements available on the InMobi network are:
- Interstitial Ads – These are full screen image-only, rich media, or video ads which can be used at the natural endpoints of your game. Recommended to be used for all types of gaming apps.
- Rewarded Video Ad – These are landscape-locked, full-screen video ads that reward the user for watching a video. These ads engage users and provide a clear, opted-in experience. Recommended to be used with those gaming apps which have in-app purchases and virtual goods.
- Native Content Ad – These advertisements seamlessly blend in with the app’s content and thus, maximizes the user engagement without compromising on the user experience. The layout can be chosen and customized to best suit the design of the app. Recommended for news, communication, or utility apps.
- Banner Ad – These advertisements consist of an image – static or animated, along with a hyperlink which takes the user to a website or the relevant app store. It is recommended for all types of apps.
InMobi is a marketplace for advertisers and publishers alike. They generate revenue on a Cost per Thousand Impressions (CPM) basis. Their revenue sharing percentage with the publisher is unknown. However, you can increase your earnings by figuring out which ad placement works the best for you.
CPM Rates in 2017
The eCPM rates of mobile advertising are different for various industries, operating systems, and geo-location. The average eCPM in the InMobi network lies in the range of a few cents to USD 2.5 for Android while for iOS, it is between USD 2.5 to USD 7.5. The mobile internet ad spending continues to grow worldwide but with an ever decreasing rate.
Payment Proof and Earnings Report
Before being able to receive any payment, publishers have to create, verify and activate their payment profile. The company follows a payout cycle of 60 days. This means that the earnings for any given month are credited to the publishers at the end of the 60-day payout cycle. Payment can be received using either PayPal or Wire Transfer/RTGS. Payments are always made in USD. They are not made at a property (site or app) level. To qualify for payments by electronic funds transfer to bank accounts in India, the minimum payout threshold is USD 50. While for other countries, it is USD 300. All unpaid earnings get carried over to the next payment cycle. Publishers from India cannot receive payments through PayPal. The minimum threshold for this method is USD 50 and is independent of the country in which the PayPal beneficiary resides, or where the profile was created.
The InMobi publisher reporting API is an intuitive interface for premium publishers. An API key is necessary for all inbound requests. It is a 32-character string which gets generated once the account is granted API access. Data gets aggregated according to the metric parameters which are specified in the query for the report. The different parameters are the number of ad impressions, date, account, site, ad placement, target country, request slot, target manufacturers and platforms, and carrier. The data can also be sorted according to date and time. Using the “filterBy” parameter, the reports can be filtered for particular dates.
The InMobi network is a platform for the leading brands, developers, and publishers of the world to engage global consumers through mobile advertising. The network leverages advances in big data, user behavior, and cloud based architectures to simplify mobile advertising for its customers. The network has a quite good track record. It is definitely worth it to try out this mobile monetization network. We hope that you’ve found this discussion on InMobi CPM Rates 2017 with respect to its ad unit types, earning model, and payment proof and earnings report helpful.
Blognife's Recommended Monetization Partners:
- Best AdSense Alternative- Setupad
- Push Notification Network- iZooto
- Best Contextual Ad Network- Media.net (Signup Bonus: Extra 10% for 3 months)
- Video Ad Network- vdo.ai
- Native Ad Network- Revcontent, Taboola
Monetize your app with InMobi ads.