About Media.net- Media.net is one of the fastest growing contextual ad networks that helps publishers monetize their ad spaces by showing relevant keywords tags. The network has a huge base of advertisers who are primarily advertising on the Yahoo Bing network and Media.net provides the ad space for these advertisements. The network recently got sold off at a whopping 900 million to a Chinese consortium. The company reported a net revenue of 232 million USD for the year 2015 and manages more than 450 million USD of managed ad spend. Almost 90% of the company’s revenue comes from the US and has offices across US, Middle East, and India. In this article, we are going to discuss Media.net CPC rates for 2018.
Benefits of Media.net for Publishers
Media.net is the second largest contextual ad network by market share and is only after AdSense. The Yahoo! Bing Network gives publishers instantaneous access to one of the world’s largest marketplaces for keyword-targeted advertisers.
- Innovative Ad units- Media.net provides innovative ad units which can increase the overall CTR for publishers. Their mobile ad units offer additional monetizations to publishers who have huge volumes of mobile traffic.
- Huge Advertising Pool- Media.net offers a huge pool of advertisers and thus the quality of the ads are of high standards. Some of the top search advertisers use the Yahoo Bing marketplace and thus media.net offers deep customization for publishers and works on increasing advertiser ROI.
- Dynamic Optimization- The network contextual matches the appropriate ads with the site’s keywords and help publishers in monetizing their traffic with dynamic optimization. This feature allows publishers to maximize their earnings potential and make good revenue.
- Additional Revenue- Media.net fits well with AdSense and offers additional monetization opportunity for publishers. Media.net can bring you about 30-40% of what Adsense is generating and also diversify your ad income.
Media.net Ad Units
Media.net offers standard keyword block ads of various sizes. The standard ones include 336×280, 300×250, 728×90, 600×250, 160×600. They also provide a list of customized skins which you can get started with or you may consider adding your own native styles to match the overall design of the website.
The advanced option feature allows you to enable mobile ads which is basically a sticky 320×50 ad unit at the bottom of your website and is targeted based on keywords. Additionally, you can enable skin optimization which allows Media.net algorithm to test various skin colors for the ad unit you’re creating and optimizing it for maximum CTR. Additionally, you can include your backup ad code. The backup ad code will show if media.net fails to find any keywords ads based on your website keywords. Here you can take a look at the ad units section of Media.net.
Media.net Dashboard Overview
Media.net Payment Methods
Media.net currently offers two payment methods for its publishers. Depending on your preference, Media.net makes payments to publishers either via Wire Transfer or via Paypal. In countries where PayPal is not enabled, you can request for a Wire Transfer.
Media.net Minimum Payment Threshold
Media.net pays its publishers once they have accrued at least $100 in their account as earnings. The minimum threshold is equivalent to that of AdSense and I believe that this is a good payment threshold for publishers who have decent impressions.
Media.net Payment Cycle
Media.net pays its publishers monthly on a NET 30 days basis. It means, your earnings for the month of February will be paid to you by 30th of March. However, we have seen the payments to be received by 25th of every month with slight delays in payments once in a while.
How to Change your Media.net Payment Methods?
Media.net dashboard doesn’t offer payment change options due to security reasons. You need to get in touch with your media.net account manager if you wish to change your payment settings.
Media.net CPC Rates
Media.net works on a number of models with its advertisers which includes CPC, CPM, CPL, and CPA. All these are translated to a single metric for publishers which is called an effective CPM. It means that the publisher is able to earn “this much” revenue per 1000 impressions of media.net ads. So, it is difficult to predict the overall CPC rates for Media.net ads. Also, as you can see in the reporting, media.net doesn’t provide any CPC rates or CTR info. Thus, if you don’t have any info about the number of clicks, you can find the estimated cost per click for your ads and since media.net is not a CPC network, you don’t get to find the rates, unlike Adsense.
How Much Does Media.net Pay Per Click
Media.net works on a number of models with its advertisers which includes CPC, CPM, CPL, and CPA. All these are translated to a single metric for publishers which is called an effective CPM. It means that the publisher is able to earn “this much” revenue per 1000 impressions of media.net ads. So, it is difficult to predict the overall CPC rates for Media.net ads. Also, as you can see in the reporting, media.net doesn’t provide any CPC rates or CTR info. Thus it is difficult to predict how much media.net pays per click.
However, if you’re earning $2 CPM for one media.net ad unit and if the click-through rate is accounted to be around 0.5%, then you’re making close to 40 cents per click. However, I would like to state here than 0.5% is the double click rate on the media.net ads. It means, the user first clicks on the keyword and then clicks on the search ad link to land to the advertiser website. Note that, a click is counted only when a user clicks on the search ad link.
Recommended List for You:
- Traffic less than 10k views per month- AdSense, Mediavenus
- Traffic 10k to 100k per month- AdSense, Spoutable
- Traffic 100k to 500k per month- AdSense, Spoutable, Media.net
- Traffic 500k to 3 million per month- ADX, Media.net, Spoutable, Taboola
- Traffic 3 million+ per month- Media.net, ADX, Revcontent, Video Ads (Get in touch)
- Marketing Tools- Ad Plugin, SemRush (Free Trial), Teachable, Webinar Jam,
- Increase your Website Revenue– Share your information and we will get in touch
Thus to conclude, media.net works with niche websites which are in finance, gifting, credit, parenting, lifestyle, gadgets domain with traffic primarily from US and Canada can elevate your overall RPM. If you’re not making enough money from media.net ads, you should ask your account manager to active display ads to compete with media.net ads. The CPC rates generally vary between 5-10 cents for US traffic and can be higher for product based sites. Media.net is a good source of additional income and can run in parallel with Adsense and other ad programs. If you think of getting started with media.net sign up with is exclusive offer URL and get 10% additional earnings for your first 3 months.