There has been an increase in digital advertising in the recent times. Mobile app developers are always looking for new networks to monetize their blog with. Tapjoy is one such network which provides apps to be monetized with the use of virtual currency. In this post, we will discuss on the Tapjoy CPM Rates 2017 – its ad units, earning model, and payment proof and earnings report to help you decide if this is the right network to monetize your app traffic with.
Brief of the Company
Tapjoy is a platform for advertising and app monetization, based in San Francisco. It was founded in the year 2007 by Lee Linden, Ben Lewis, and Mitch Liu. It provides users with a unique way to engage with the ads. The network doesn’t require anyone to click on banner ads. Virtual currency is offered for watching video ads, downloading promoted apps, or for subscribing to various services. Users can then spend this virtual currency to unlock in-app content from publishers. Thus, with the help of this network, users who have no wish to spend real currency on app content, can be monetized by developers. Since the network uses a Pay per Engagement model, this offers advertisers with a unique way to distribute their apps and, at the same time, collect market data.
Ad Unit Types
The video ad units provided by Tapjoy are:
- Marketplace – This offers the icon size to be 300×300 px. The end card creative needs to be 1024×1024 px. The video displayed has to be 1280×720 – 1920×1080. The aspect ratio must be 16:9. The title cannot cross 40 characters (including spaces) and the end card summary must be within 100 characters.
- Full-screen ad – The end card is 1024×1024 px. Here also, the title must be within 40 characters (including spaces) and the end card summary also has to be within 100 characters.
The non-video ad units are:
- Full-screen ad – The banner size is 300×250 px. The instruction page has a maximum of 200 characters and the CTA copy needs to be within 20 characters.
- Marketplace – The offer icon is of 300×300 px with the title being a maximum of 40 characters. Also, the CTA copy has to be within 20 characters. This format is used mainly for ads which are related to app installs.
The following models are used by Tapjoy:
- Cost per Impression (CPI)/Cost per Thousand Impressions (CPM) – CPI is the revenue generated whenever a customer has viewed the advertisement while CPM refers to the revenue generated for every one thousand impressions of the ad.
- Cost per Acquisition (CPA) – Publishers/developers earn money every time a user completes an action, such as filling of a form or signing up for a newsletter.
- Cost per View (CPV) – Every time that an advertisement is viewed by a user, revenue is generated for the publisher.
- Cost per Click (CPC) – With this method, revenue is generated every time a user clicks on the displayed ad.
- Cost per Completed View (CPCV) – The publisher/developer is paid only when the user has watched the complete video.
- Cost per Install (CPI) – If the user installs a certain app, then the publisher earns a revenue.
CPM Rates 2017
(Source – support.aerserv.com)
The ads on Tapjoy network are targeted based on a number of factors like device type, location, language, and device carrier. The CPM can range from low to high, as it is highly dependent on the above-mentioned factors. The eCPM can lie anywhere between a couple of cents to a couple of dollars.
Payment Proof and Earnings Report
(Source – dev.tapjoy.com)
Tapjoy pays its publishers twice a month according to the NET 15 method. They get paid on the 1st and the 15th. It must be kept in mind that holidays and weekends may affect the payment timing. The minimum payout threshold is USD 250, that is, the publishers need to have at least earned that amount before they will be allowed to withdraw. The various payment methods available are PayPal, Check, Wire Transfer, and Direct Deposit. Publishers can change their payment option anytime using the edit options available in their dashboard.
The reports can be found in the dashboard. The name of the app needs to be selected first. After that, you need to click on the User Acquisition option from the navigation bar which is present at the top. The Sessions part shows the default graph for that app. It will be divided according to the platform – iOS or Android. With the User Acquisition Overview option, you can view your total number of conversions, clicks, and CVR. The revenue information can be obtained from the Monetization tab. Here, your total number of ad impressions, ad revenue, and ad eCPM can be viewed. The option of exporting this set of data into an excel sheet is also available.
Tapjoy is a well-rounded up platform for publishers and developers alike. The ads are served from approved third party advertisers or from rich media vendors. The ads are served over 12,000 premium apps worldwide and they have been successful in carving out a niche for them. Android, iOS, Blackberry, and Windows platforms are supported. The ads are app, brand, or game-centric. Thus, the network is quite suitable for to monetize any app-based traffic. We hope that this discussion post on Tapjoy CPM Rates 2017 with respect to its ad unit, earning model, and payment proof and earnings report will help you to decide if this is the right fit to monetize your app or not.
Blognife's Recommended Monetization Partners:
- Native Ad Network- Revcontent, Taboola
- Best AdSense Alternative- Setupad
- Contextual Ad Network- Media.net
- Video Ad Network- vdo.ai
- Push Notification Network- iZooto
- Increase your Website Revenue- Share your information and we will get in touch
Higher monetization of your apps with Tapjoy ad network.