AdMob is an ad network owned by Google to allow developers and publishers to monetize their mobile apps with relevant ads from a huge inventory of advertisers. You can sign up for a free account and install the SDK into the app. In this post, we will have a comprehensive discussion on AdMob CPM Rates 2017 with respect to its earning model, payment proof, and earnings report to help you decide if it is the right platform to help monetize your app.
Brief of the Company
Admob is a popular mobile advertising network. It was founded by Omar Hamoui in 2006. The company was acquired for USD 750 million by Google in 2009. Apple Inc. had also expressed the desire to buy it but was outbid. Since then, AdMob has been rebuilt to an extent to incorporate the core functionalities of the Google advertising network. It has a very big pool of advertisers which leads to very good fill rates and competitive eCPMs. There is an extensive support guide to solving any technical issues that arise. The network works on all major operating systems – iOS, Android, and Windows 8. The platform can be used by basic as well advanced app publishers.
Ad Unit Types
The process of creating an ad unit with AdMob is similar to that of Google AdSense. Publishers and developers are given the option of formatting. You can customize the color scheme of text ads, select the ad unit size, and specify a refresh rate. The various display ad unit sizes available are 320×50, 300×250, 468×60, and 728×90. Smart banners are available in the following sizes: 320×50, 360×50, 480×32, and 533×32. The range of sizes is 480×32, 682×32, 768×90, 1024×90, 800×90, 1280×90, 600×90, and 1024×50. SDK implementation technology is used. AdMob is not compatible with Google AdSense. WordPress plugin is not yet available.
The network does place some strict limits on the ads. Publishers are not allowed to have more than one ad per static page, or more than one visible at a time when the page scrolls. This proves to be a drawback for some publishers as it proves to be a limitation to the overall earning capacity. Requirements regarding the position of the ad units are also there so as not to solicit the invalid clicks.
The earning model of AdMob is based on a CPM basis, though there is also some CPC advertising available. The revenue is highly dependent on the location of the traffic. The “Allow & block ads” feature in AdMob provides the publishers with the option to control the ads that are shown on their apps.
CPM Rates in 2017
It is difficult to monetize the traffic of a mobile app because, without proper followership, the generated CPC and CTR tend to be low. Even though both AdSense and AdMob are products of Google, the latter has a lower CPM rate. For Android, the average RPM is the range of 15 cents to USD 1.50 while for iOS, it is between 20 cents to USD 2. Interstitial ad units are the ones which are places natural break points and have an RPM rate of USD 2 to 4 for Android and USD 3 to 5 for iOS. Banner or native ad units are the ones which are placed at the bottom. For Android, the RPM can be from 15 cents to USD 1.5 and for iOS, it can be from 20 cents to USD 2. The fill rates are very good and the eCPMs which are provided are quite competitive.
Payment Proof and Earnings Report
While using AdMob, publishers receive 60% of the revenue generated. The rest 40% is kept by Google in recognition of its services provided. The various payment methods available are ACH, PayPal, and Wire Transfer. The network follows a Net-30 payment schedule, that is, payment is given every 30 days to the publisher. The minimum payout threshold is USD 20. This is the minimum amount that should be present in the account to be able to make a withdrawal.
AdMob has a clean laid out panel which is relatively easy to use. Publishers can click to see reports, create or edit ad units, or change account settings using the navigation menu which is at the top. A new app can be monetized by clicking the “Monetize new app” button. There are many reporting options present for publishers and developers. The statistics can be filtered by time or numerous other dimensions to create granular reports like Google AdSense. Reports can be exported into multiple formats, like CSV to be used in Excel. Ad Mediation Reports are also provided.
AdMob is a very good solution to monetize the mobile app traffic. The Google mobile ad network is quite deep, which is an advantage. Certain third party networks can also be plugged in easily which leads to an easier optimization. With a 100% fill rate, this is a highly recommended ad network. We hope that you’ve found this discussion on AdMob CPM Rates 2017 with respect to its earning model, payment proof, and earning reports helpful. Along with Admob, you can get started with Startup interstitials ads to further supplement your ad revenue from your App.
Startapp is a leading mobile ad network with more than 50,000 registered developers who are monetizing their app.