Publishers have to constantly face the challenge of balancing their profitability with the user experience. Addition of more binding banners comes at the expense of user experience. The solution to this is provided by native advertising. With the help of this, the publishers don’t have to choose between user experience and making money. Native advertisements provide engaging content with stories that users want to read without changing the form and function of a website.
In this post, we will do a comparative study of two such popular ad networks – RevContent vs AdSense. We’ll see the differences between their earnings report, advertisement quality and their various rates among other things.
RevContent vs AdSense: Minimum Traffic Requirement
RevContent is regarded as the fastest growing recommendation network in the world. It is a highly sought after ad network and rejects about 94% of its received applications. Any website looking to join its networks needs to have at least 2-3 million visitors every month. The network only accepts websites that are in the English language.
For the case of AdSense, there is no minimum traffic requirement but the websites do need to be frequently posting substantial content related to the advertisements to be put on their site. It accepts websites written in all the languages that are supported by Google.
Media.net is perfect for websites having US, UK and Canadian traffic. Enjoy high RPM close to AdSense.Use this link to get a bonus of 10% on top of your regular earnings for 3 months.
RevContent vs AdSense: Revenue Sharing Percentage
RevContent offers the highest revenue share in the advertising technology industry. It takes 20% of the revenue obtained from the advertiser and the rest 80% is given to the publisher.
If AdSense is used to display content advertisements, the publishers get 68% of the revenue recognized by Google in connection with its service. If it is used for search, the publishers get 51% of the recognized revenue. The rest of the share goes to Google. The percentages do not change with the geographic location of the publisher or get averaged between publishers.
RevContent vs AdSense : Ad Quality
The largest percentage of RevContent advertisers are from USA, Canada, UK, and Australia. Their advertisements run on some of the top websites in those regions and therefore their publishers are able to monetize their ad revenue at high rates with medium quality ads.
AdSense reaches the entire globe and are therefore their publishers get to monetize their ad revenue with high-quality ads.
RevContent vs AdSense: Publisher List
RevContent is considered by many as the largest and best performing native ad network and it serves some of the top international content marketers like Forbes, CBS, Reuters and International Business Times among others.
AdSense is used by a large number of global marketers like HubPages, Mashable, eBay and Times Network among others.
RevContent vs AdSense : RPM and CPM rates
The average RPM for RevContent is about 44 cents. It used to be about two or three folds more in the past. Those who get the approval to join the ad network benefit from the highest eCPM for worldwide traffic as well as other features such as support for different geographic, contextual, and demographic channels.
The Google AdSense CPM rate is quite high lying in the range of USD 1 to 3. The average RPM for broad niches is about USD 5 to 10 while for competitive niches with high CPC it reaches USD 100.
RevContent vs AdSense: Payments and Earnings Report
If a publisher has a good volume of tier one traffic then RevContent provides a source of steady earning. Their revenue share is also beneficial for advertisers.The network pays the publishers on a monthly basis. It assures sure returns ranging from USD 3 to 10 to its clients. A minimum Payout threshold of USD 50 is needed before taking the payment. The earnings are paid through PayPal.
AdSense has a monthly payment cycle. The estimated earnings get calculated for the due course of a month. At the beginning of the following month, the earnings are finalized and posted to the balance. The minimum payout threshold for AdSense is USD 10. There are various payment options available which include transfer through check, EFT, Western Union, and Rapida.
The market of native advertisements has grown at an exponential rate and it is estimated to increase even more with the ascent of digital marketing. As seen in this discussion of RevContent vs AdSense, the former is a good place for online advertisers but getting its approval is very difficult. Since AdSense is already a frontrunner in this sector with its organized structure, it is a good option to monetize your website with a sure prospect of returns.
Adnow will help you make additional revenue from your existing traffic by simply putting an ad widget anywhere on your content. Suitable for mid sized publishers and bloggers.