Many bloggers have been looking for ways to stop their ad revenue from slipping through their hands and look for better ad networks that could help them generate more revenue. AdPushup is one such promising ad technology solution that helps publishers and bloggers to generate more money from their existing web traffic with ad optimization. Here is a detailed AdPushup Review.
This Ad revenue optimizing tool was founded by two college dropouts, Ankit Oberoi and Atul Agarwal in May 2013. They have been the founders of Innobuzz solutions, a knowledge solution providing company in the year 2007. They have started AdPushup with a vision to keep all information in the world free, accessible to all and enable publishers fund for their content generation. This ad revenue optimization tool continuously optimizes the ad layouts of the websites for higher ad viewability and enhances the number of clicks on ads so as to help publishers make more money. Without compromising the user experience of the website, Adpushup helps bloggers and web publishers maximize their ad revenue while concurrently offering its visitors free accessible content.
The company targets web publishers who monetize their website on the pay per click or cost per click model. AdPushup launched its free beta release in March 2014 and has served more than 5,00,000 ad impressions in its first month. It then rose to 10 million in consecutive months with a high retention rate. Almost 85% of its associates found a positive rise in revenue with a 68% rise in RPM. Now, let’s dive into the next section of AdPushup review which contains publisher requirements to signup with AdPushup.
AdPushup Requirements for Publisher: Traffic Minimum and more
AdPushup offers online ad optimization service to its publishers through its advanced A/B testing system and multi-arm bandit algorithms.
Publishers have to signup to AdPushup and an account manager will get in touch shortly who will illustrate the getting started process along with a product demo. Publishers are given 14 days free trial to use the service and choose a payment plan after then. Publishers have to pay $210 a month to access their intelligent insights, API access and click analytics, Enterprises are charged $500 a month for geographic segmentation, enterprise security, comprehensive account management and constant phone support. Here are the main AdPushup requirements for any publisher to join.
- Publishers signing up with AdPushup need to adhere to AdSense terms and conditions. All content should be family safe and the website shouldn’t be ‘Make for AdSense’.
- AdPushup has a minimum traffic requirement which is 10,000 page views per month per site.
How AdPushup Works?
AdPushup is an A/B testing company which could be used by marketers to optimize, tweak, and personalize websites to improve their sales and conversions. It uses advanced A/B testing tools to compare between different ad variations such as ad sizes and ad placements for mobile traffic. This ad optimization platform also allows is publishers to use custom defined ad sizes to test on multiple websites, after finding the best variation, it keeps a check on banner blindness to help its associates keep placements optimized at all times and help fight AdBlock. The way AdPushup works could be summarized as follows,
- Ad layout optimization and testing: Ad placements, ad types, colors, sizes are optimized for more ad layout revenue.
- Ad layout optimization: optimizing ad placements by testing multiple ad positions and formats.
- Visual ad management services across all devices to help publishers create ad units visually on the website.
- Defining custom ad layouts for different devices to generate higher revenue with ad units.
- Adpushup makes use of machine learning to continuously optimize the ad layout.
- User experience optimization to enhance ad revenues.
- Ad layout personalization to personalize user website experience.
- It customizes the ad layout for different devices to generate higher revenues on responsive ad units.
- The network makes use of machine learning to constantly optimize the ad layout of its publishers.
- It helps to beat banner blindness
- Its intelligent technology keeps a constant check on the performance of every ad unit.
- Its constant testing and optimization techniques ensures that its revenue never takes a dip.
- Its technology enhances Ad revenues without compromising user experience.
- It optimizes user experience to improve page views per visitor, time on site and decrease bounce rate.
- Makes use of 10+ options to segment publishers and customize their ad layout.
The AdPushup Editor
The AdPushup editor allows two type of ad placements
Structural ads: Structural placements can be manually created. One can test as many numbers of ad unit sizes on a particular placement. Like, if you consider the header ad placement, you can test the following ad sizes on desktop traffic all at the same time (728×90, 900×90, 900×120 (custom size), 980×250 and custom sizes). Also for mobile traffic, you can test 320×50, 320×100 on one placement.
Also for a sidebar, you can test 300×600, 300×250, 336×280 all at one placement and the algorithm will optimize the ad unit which generates the maximum yield. The maximum yield is a function of CPC and CTR.
Structural ads can be right, left, center aligned with proper padding in just clicks with the AdPushup editor. You don’t need to write lines of code for this.
In-content ads: AdPushup uses industry’s first patent pending in-content ad placement technology that allows publishers to wrap up their premium content area (like the entire article body) and let the system automatically places ads. You can set the maximum number of ads that can be placed within the content. The maximum allowed is 5, provided you have good quality content and requires an approval from Google which is taken care by AdPushup.
What the difference between AdPushups’ in-content technology and any other WordPress in-content ad placement plugin or similar?
Any standard ad placement plugin will allow you to set fixed placements (like in Quick AdSense, Advanced Ads, Ad Insertion etc.) You can place ads at the beginning of the content, after certain paragraph, mid content, at the bottom of the content and then you can check the individual ad unit reports to track the performance of the placement.
With AdPushup, there is much more to just ad placement. AdPushup’s machine learning algorithm continuous churn data to find those placements which generate the maximum CTR.
The content area wrapped to show in-content ads is divided into sub-sections and the system placement the different ad units (336×280, 300×250, 600×300 and similar custom sizes etc). Also, the system checks right, center and left alignment of the ads and choose those placements and ad units which generate the maximum yield.
Typically, in-content ads generate the maximum revenue for content rich sites. However, not all pages are created equal. Some pages can be 300 words, some 500 words and some as long as 1500-3000 words. While 1-2 in-content ads can perform well in a 300-500 words post, an engaging post of 1500-3000 words can serve more than 1-2 content ads. In fact, the in-content system places 5 in-content ads within such posts and this has resulted in significant increase in overall revenue of such pages. The system intelligently decides the maximum number of ad units on a page and this results in minimum ad dilution.
Media.net is perfect for websites having US, UK and Canadian traffic. Enjoy high RPM close to AdSense.Use this link to get a bonus of 10% on top of your regular earnings for 3 months.
Adding Color Styles/Templates to your Ad Units
AdPushup editor allows you to create as many color templates/styles for the system to test. You can create blend-in templates, contrast templates or any template of your choice by selecting the colors through the color picker.
Global Color Templates: You can create as many global color templates. These color templates will apply upon all the ad units served via AdPushup using your publisher id. The system chooses the best color template at ad unit level.
Local Color Template: You can create a specific color template just by clicking on the ad unit itself. The color template thus created will override the global color template for that specific ad unit. This comes handy especially while creating blend-in header and sidebar ads.
Analyzing Original vs AdPushup Ad Layout Setup
AdPushup editor settings allow you to compare the performance of your original ad setup vs AdPushup ad layout setup. Your original setup is termed as control setup. Your account manager will be the best person to set the AdPushup display percentage. If you have a decent amount of traffic, I suggest you set the percentage of 80 for the first week, and if you see a positive uplift, increase it to 90 for the next week and 95-100 henceforth.
A lot of publishers would argue a 50-50 display percentage to start. Since the system tests 100s of variations of ad units and placement combinations, it requires data (page views, clicks) to determine the optimum placements, ad styles etc. Thus during the testing period, we suggest publishers allow 80% of their traffic to show AdSense ads served through AdPushup.
AdPushup CPM Rates
AdPushup is a good fit for niche blogs and mid-sized publishers who rely on AdSense as their primary source of ad revenue. With AdPushup, you can expect an RPM increase of anywhere between 30-100% or even more. That depends a lot on your current ad setup. An account manager will be taking care of your AdPushup CPM rates which will always be higher than AdSense impression RPM rates.
AdPushup also offers ADX ad tags if you’re looking for flat CPMs.
AdPushup Revenue Share
AdPushup takes an 8% revenue share of your overall AdSense earnings. The revenue share is managed by Google AdSense and you don’t need to pay anything separately to avail their service.
AdPushup has comeup with a number of products and is working with some of the biggest publisher brands globally. Depending upon your traffic requirements, you can use any of the following tools available under AdPushup
- AdPushup ad layout editor- Create ad layouts for your website and increase AdSense CTR
- ADX sub-accounts- Ideally for publishers who get a lot of page views and have low CTRs.
- AdRecover- AdRecover can help you monetize your AdBlock inventory.
- Header Bidding Solution- This solution is tailored for premium publishers
AdPushup helps its publishers optimize their revenues by 30-80% as it uses advanced A/B testing and constant optimization service to improve ad revenues of its clients. It is quite easy to get started with Adpushup as publishers only need to install its WordPress plugin and connect with the network to start optimizing ad revenue. Best results are realized within 10 days and you need to give some time to let the system adapt to the best performing ad units. Do share your thoughts about our AdPushup review.
Recommended List for You:
- Traffic less than 10k views per month- AdSense, Adnow, Mediavenus
- Traffic 10k to 100k per month- AdSense, Spoutable
- Traffic 100k to 500k per month- AdSense, Spoutable, Media.net
- Traffic 500k to 3 million per month- ADX, Media.net, Spoutable, Taboola
- Traffic 3 million+ per month- Media.net, ADX, Revcontent, Video Ads (Get in touch)
- Marketing Tools- Ad Plugin, SemRush (Free Trial), Teachable, Webinar Jam,
- Increase your Website Revenue– Share your information and we will get in touch
Image credits: AdPushup.com
Adnow will help you make additional revenue from your existing traffic by simply putting an ad widget anywhere on your content. Suitable for mid sized publishers and bloggers.